In the WordPress open-source project, we realise that our biggest asset is the community that we foster. The project, as a whole, follows these basic philosophical principles from The Cathedral and The Bazaar.
- Contributions to the WordPress open-source project are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as a contributor should be made with the best interests of the community in mind.
- Participation in the WordPress open-source project is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status, or any other criteria.
- The WordPress open-source project is a volunteer-run community. Even in cases where contributors are sponsored by companies, that time is donated for the benefit of the entire open-source community.
- Any member of the community can donate their time and contribute to the project in any form, including design, code, documentation, community building, etc. For more information, go to make.wordpress.org.
- The WordPress open-source community cares about diversity. We strive to maintain a welcoming environment where everyone can feel included, by keeping communication free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and unwelcoming behaviour.
There is a project, currently underway, to create a project-wide code of conduct, so that we can ensure the safety of our contributors.
Meetings are conducted in the #community-team Slack channel, and minutes published on the Make Community blog.