WordPress is an open source project, and anyone can attend to learn new things and improve the platform for the millions of people who use it around the world.
If you want to join the WordPress community, globally or within the UK, you can do several things:
- Explore the site Make, where there are all active teams on the project. Usually everyone has a blog and a manual (handbook) which spells out the objectives of the group and how to contribute to it.
- Join one of the meet-ups existing in the UK or organise one in your city.
- Subscribe to Slack and participate in discussions in the international community and UK.
- Translate WordPress into British English.
- Follow and propose discussions on Team, the tool we use to organise the activities of different working groups already active in the UK.
- And many other ways! We are developing a guide for all those who come to WordPress, and we will publish it as soon as possible. If you do not want to miss the updates, follow the blog site and team.