This widget will get a list of post/cpt title first character. The list is then displayed as an unordered list of links. The links take the user to an archive page for the specific post type and display the posts where its title begins with the character.
If the title begins with the following words, the first character of the second word will be used:
- ‘A Cup of Joe’ will be listed under ‘C’
- ‘The Pony’ will be listed under ‘P’
- ‘Android Green is Nice’ will be listed under ‘A’
- ‘The 10 Strangest Foods’ will be places under ‘#’ (number sign)
- Upload the entire ‘a2z-alphabetical-archive-links’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the settings page to activate which post type(s) to have
- Add the ‘A2Z Alphabetical Archive Links’ widget to a widget area
None at this time
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“A-2-Z Alphabetical Archive Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
cleaning up version numbers
- fixed bug with earlier versions of php and version checking
Complete rewrite. In an effort to make the code scale better.
* Removed slow query
* Added minimum WordPress version check
* Added minimum php version check
* Added grouping for titles that have a number as their first character
* Added custom rewrites the handle better archive links
Changed link builder again to account for modified front page settings
- Changed widget option for post type to include only publically queriable post types ( Pages not an option anymore )
- Fixed links generated when using the post type of Post