This plugin checks if a visitor is listed on httpBL.abuse.ch.
httpBl is a DNSBL which can be used to blocks access from IPs which are:
- Known source of Hacking activities (mostly script kiddies)
- Source of Remote File Inclusion attacks (RFI)
- Hijacked webserver
- Scanning drones
- Source of referer Spam
For more information take a look at the FAQ.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Adjust the plugin settings if you want to
- Does this plugin protect my blog against comment Spam?
No, httpBL.abuse.ch does not protect you from comment spam BUT it protects you from referer spammers.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“abuse.ch httpBL check” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “abuse.ch httpBL check” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added support for the new httpBL zone 127.0.0.5 (scanning drones)
- Added an Administration Menu (Settings-> abuse.ch httpBL)
- Changed logging format to “TIMESTAMP | IP address | Hostname | User-Agent | httpBL zone”
- Update Plugin description
- Made some changes to the HTML code
- Fixed an error in the logging function ($response instead of $responses)
- gethostbyaddr will now only be executed when logging is enabled
- Corrected some typing errors in check_httpbl.php
- Changed the message which a visitor receive, when he is listed at httpBL.abuse.ch. Now the message contains a link to the lookup form at http://dnsbl.abuse.ch/check.php where the visitor will find reason and time of the listing.