This plugin will improve the build in theme and plugin editor in WordPress with typical code editor features like syntax highlighting. It is very lightweight, since it will simply replace the default textarea with an instance of ACE.
- syntax highlighting with themes
- code folding
- line numbering
- highlight matching parentheses
- auto indentation and outdent
Sometimes, you need to make some small adjustments on a theme or fix some bug in a plugin – but either you don’t have ftp acces or maybe you are on the road and don’t have access to your code editor. Then Ace Editor will come in handy and help you doing your work – with less chances of typos thanks to syntax highlighting and some basic syntax checking.
- Install Ace Edit either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- After activating Ace Edit, visit either the theme editor or the plugin editor and enjoy the new features.
- Where can I learn more about Ace?
- Are there any known issues?
- What about planned features?
While we try to keep Ace Editor as lightweight as possible, we will introduce a settings page in near future to let users choose one of the included themes for syntax highlighting and set options like word wrap, hidden characters and more.
Contributors and Developers
“Ace Edit” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- updated ace.js to latest version
- Initial release