This is a little plugin which adds a featured image column to WordPress. It automatically adds a column to any post type which supports a featured image. The code is pulled almost directly from my plugin Display Featured Image for Genesis.
Banner/icon image credit: Lauren Mancke on Minimography.
- Upload the entire
add-featured-image-columnfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Optionally, visit the Settings > Media page to change the default behavior of the plugin.
No questions. Just activate and enjoy.
Contributors and Developers
“Add Featured Image Column” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- changed: featured image column no longer loads (duplicate) for WooCommerce products
- improved: output for posts with no featured image
- fixed: featured image column display on mobile
- Improved: any post type which supports featured images (including private post types) will display a featured image column
- Added: the args to get the list of post types has been added to the post types filter
- Changed: admin column heading is just “Image” instead of “Featured Image”
- Added: text_domain, language files
- Fixed (really): featured image column on mobile
- Fixed: featured image column on mobile
- Added: the featured image column is now sortable.
- Due to redundancy, this plugin now deactivates if Display Featured Image for Genesis is active.
- Added filter to exclude post types
- Initial release on WordPress.org
- Initial release on Github