The Address Geocoder plugin lets you attach coordinates to your posts, pages, and custom post types. On your edit screens, simply enter an address into the metabox and hit “Geocode”.
This plugin uses Google Maps API v3 to translate an address to lat/lng coordinates. A Google Maps API key is required.
Fequently Asked Questions
How do I retrieve the coordinates?
Access your data in the loop using the following functions, with the post ID passed as a parameter. For the full coordinates (in brackets):
<?php echo get_geocode_latlng( $post->ID ); ?>
For the Latitude:
<?php echo get_geocode_lat( $post->ID ); ?>
For the Longitude:
<?php echo get_geocode_lng( $post->ID ); ?>
For the Address:
<?php echo get_geocode_address( $post->ID ); ?>
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > Address Geocoder to set your Google Maps API key and choose desired post types
- Done! You’ll see a “Geocoder” meta box on your edit screens.
Contributors and Developers
“Address Geocoder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Address Geocoder” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Address Geocoder” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested compatibility against WP 5.1
- Better meta box handling (props @burkeshartsis)
- Draggable marker (props @burkeshartsis)
- Various fixes and improvements
- Minor cleanup
- Added new icon and banner to wordpress.org plugins page
- Tested compatibility against WP 4.4
- A Google Maps API key is now required. Go to Settings > Address Geocoder to set your Google Maps API key.