A simple address book plugin.
You can view and edit addresses (names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) in the administration interface (under Manage > Addressbook or as its own top-level menu item), or embed a read-only list of addresses in posts and/or pages.
- Gravatar support for both address lists;
- hCard microformat support in the address list.
Still to come (hassle me if you want these now):
- Import/export to a bunch of formats;
- Firefox Operator addon scripts to export external addressed into Addressbook;
- Pass various options to the
<addressbook />element, to sort and limit and whatnot;
- Templates for the address list display;
- Photo upload (probably over-ride the Gravatar, and show a note that there is a Gravatar?);
- Custom fields;
addressbook directory to your
/wp-content/plugins/ directory ;
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress;
You can embed a list of your addresses in a blog post or page by putting
<addressbook /> wherever you want the list to appear. The HTML generated by this conforms to the hCard microformat standard, which also means that you can fine-tune the appearance of the list via your theme’s stylesheet. The default presentation is pretty boring.
There is no need to de-activate and then re-activate Addressbook to upgrade.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Addressbook” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Addressbook” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.