This plugin automatically creates (duplicates) the post that you are currently adding on another website.
When you click the “Publish” button, the post will automatically be created as well on the remote domain, which you specify in the plugin’s settings.
The plugin has 2 modes: “Source” and “Destination”.
The “Source” version needs to be installed on the “main” site – where you publish the articles.
Then you install this plugin on the remote website too and choose the “Destination” mode.
Note: make sure on the remote domain you add the same token that is generated in the “Source” domain.
– It works with the Classic and Gutenberg editors.
– It duplicates categories too. It just needs a quick categories mapping between the two websites, which is done in the plugin’s settings.
– At the moment it doesn’t duplicate the featured image (but it’s planned for the next versions).
The plugin is at its first version, but it works fine with the specified features.
I will add more options that I find useful or if I receive enhancement ideas from the users.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- The plugin will add the “ARRP Settings” option in the main WP Admin area where you can configure the settings.
- Do I have to install the plugin on both websites?
Yes, the plugin has to exist on both the local and the remote website. On the local one you need to choose “Source” and on the remote one “Destination”.
- What about the “token” field
The “token” offers a security mechanism to insure the post is sent to the right domain. It is automatically generated by the plugin on the “Source” site and you have to copy it exactly from there and paste it on the “Destination” domain.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Automated Remote Reposting” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Automated Remote Reposting” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First version of the plugin
Fixed a bug related to the remote posting action