IMPORTANT: this plugin only works with CSS and JS files that are enqueued using the standard WordPress functions wp_enqueue_style and wp_enqueue_script and/or admin_enqueue_style, admin_enqueue_script.
- Extract the
autover.ziparchive into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Alternatively go into your WordPress dashboard and click on Plugins -> Add Plugin and search for Autover. Then click on Install, then on Activate Now.
Just install and activate the plugin.
The plugin will automatically start to version your CSS and JS files that are correctly enqueued into WordPress (by using wp_enqueue_style and wp_enqueue_script and/or admin_enqueue_style, admin_enqueue_script functions).
Depending on the caching mechanism used, a purge of page (html) cache might be needed.
If you want to version only CSS or only JS files, please use the constants AUTOVER_DISABLE_JS and AUTOVER_DISABLE_CSS.
- Why should I use this plugin?
- What is the difference between the wp_enqueue_script and admin_enqueue_script?
The ‘admin_‘ hooks are designed for wp-admin area or so called Dashboard area, the ‘wp_‘ hooks are designed for site.
Contributors and Developers
“Autover” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Standardised folder structure
- Added tests for current features and improved url replacement (custom arguments now preserved)
- Cleanup of code
- Cleaned up the plugin code(remove the options from DB).
- Now the plugin uses the constants AUTOVER_DISABLE_CSS / AUTOVER_DISABLE_JS to see if it needs to ignore a resource.
- Removed settings page (replaced by the constants AUTOVER_DISABLE_JS and AUTOVER_DISABLE_CSS).
- Removed the file list.
- Add file lists.
- Enhancement: settings tab is now separated for easier understanding.
- Enhancement: updated readme.txt file with more details and added print screens.
- Bug fix: fixed an error at the ‘filemtime()’ function.
- Bug fix: fixed some settings error.
- First version on WP.