Adds a new comment validation method in the “Before a comment appears” Discussion subsection panel.
- Avoided comment automattic approvals
- Adds a new highlighted option to “Before a comment appears” Discussion section subpanel
- Verification email sending every time a not registered user posts a comment
- Link checkback required to publish the comment and it wasn’t flagged as spam
- Included WP nonces security to verification email link
How it works?
- Not registered user posts a comment
- Not registered user receives an email with a validation link
- Not registered user follows validation link
- Comment is published
- Integrate deeper with other validation methods
- Add mail customization options UI (headers, content-type, attachments, html…)
- Pretty permalinks URL integration (…permalink/nonce/cid)
- Activate option in Settings > Discussion > Before a comment appears and save changes.
- Can I use this “Before a comment appears” validation method along with the others?
Integration with other validation methods is not developed yet. Next release? 🙂
- How can I change the mail texts?
Actually there are 2 options:
- Edit or create the xx_XX.po file for your WP active language and generate a xx_XX.mo.
- Also you can use WPML plugin to translate all your plugins like themes. But remember to delete the languages folder. 🙂
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Awebsome! Comment Author Mail Validation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Awebsome! Comment Author Mail Validation” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Token generation revamped to fit WP API nonces functions
- Fixed validation link generation to support non-active permalinks structure
- Improved pre_comment_approved hook callback function (kudos xaviersarrate)
- Some readme.txt improvements
- Solved SVN newbie problems ;P
- Validation interception revamped
- Some functions advanced improvements
- Avoided functions WP already handles in API
- Fixed deactivation/uninstall options cleanup
- Added NONCE_KEY to token generator and validator as a random seed for security (kudos xaviersarrate)
- phpDoc improvements to functions
- Changed readme.txt descriptions
- POT regeneration
- Deleted en_EN translation (main pot lang)
- First plugin SVN update 🙂
- Internationalization problems solved
- First commiting to the wp-plugins SVN 🙂
- Internationalization + POT Generation
- Added es_ES translation
- Added es_CA translation
- Added en_EN translation
- Avoid mail validation for registered users
- Added nice PHPDOC compatible documentation
- Added CSS to highlight CAMV fields
- General code clean up
- Born with basic functionality and w/o documentation!