[bioy lang='en' translation='esv' col='3' locale='en_US' display_current_month='yes']
translationis used to specify which translation you would like to be displayed. See https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/ for available translation
colis used to specify how many columns are displayed. If not specified, the default is
localeis used to display the date in the proper language. If not specified, the default is based on your hosting provider.
display_current_monthis used to toggle whether to display the current Month/Year. If not specified, the default is
Bible Gateway (biblegateway.com) is a searchable online Bible in more than 200 versions and 70 languages that you can freely read, research, and reference anywhere.
- Download the source code zip file
- Upload the entire contents of into your
wp-contents/plugins/folder on your website.
- Active the
- Adding a New language
This plugin can easily be extended to other languages by simply creating a new bioy_language.xml file. See the following instructions on how to add a new language:
- Copy an existing xml file (located in the plugin bioy/xml directory)
- Rename the xml file to the language code that the file has been translated to
- Translate the XML content, specifically the books of the bible (https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-King-James-Version-NKJV-Bible/#booklist)
- Reference the new language in the shortcode
Contributors and Developers
“BIOY” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Bug Fix – Corrected function to use proper output buffering.
- Initial release.