Automatically create and accept friendships for specified users upon new user registration. * Requires BuddyPress
Upload the bp-automatic-friends folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation
Activate the plugin
Click on the “Automatic Friends” link under the Users Menu.
Configure your BuddyPress Automatic Friends options.
To a WordPress Installation near you.
Contributors and Developers
“BuddyPress Automatic Friends” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updates usage of
- WordPress version 5.9 compatibilty
- Resolves PHP strict error when calling
- Bumps version compatibilty for WordPress 4.5
- Bumps version compatibilty for WordPress 4.4.2
- Disables email notifications. In situations with hundreds of users, this can get SPAMMY fast
- Adds icon assets for plugin directory
- Hot fix for autocomplete search results
- Now with more Portuguese – Thanks to Renato Alves
- Limits number of users returned via ajax suggest to improve performance with large datasets
- Now with more Spanish – Thanks to Maria Ramos
- Major OOP rewrite
- Admin Menu compliance with modern BuddyPress versions
- Themes options page
- Adds donate links
- Autocomplete on Global Friend suggestions
- Ajax actions for adding/removing global friends
- General beautification
- Removes hooks from account sign-up and activation.
- Friendships are now created upon a new user’s first login.
- Resolves conflict with plugins such as “Disable Activation” that bypass the activation process.
- Post form to admin settings based on get_admin_url – fixes 404 upon saving form options in multisite installs
- Removed debug output on user activation page
- Update code comments to PHPDoc
- Create friendships upon user activation rather than user registration
- Update friend counts for new users upon
- Add display that shows which users are selected via the admin panel.
- Update admin menu hook to support multisite.
- Update to support BuddyPress 1.5
- First official release