The BP Groups CiviCRM Sync plugin provides two-way synchronisation between CiviCRM Groups and BuddyPress Groups. For each BuddyPress Group, the plugin will automatically create two CiviCRM Groups:
- A “Member Group” (of type “Mailing List”) containing a Contact record for each corresponding BuddyPress Group Member. This Group is assigned the same name as the linked BuddyPress Group.
- An “ACL Group” (of type “Access Control”) containing the Contact records of the Administrators of the corresponding BuddyPress Group. This gives BuddyPress Group Administrators the ability to view and edit their Group Members in CiviCRM.
When a new Member is added to (or joins) a BuddyPress Group, they are automatically added to the corresponding CiviCRM Group. Likewise, when a Contact is added to the CiviCRM “Member Group”, they will be added as a Member to the corresponding BuddyPress Group. If a Contact is added to the CiviCRM “ACL Group”, they will be added to the BuddyPress Group as an Administrator.
This plugin works in a similar way to the Drupal Organic Groups CiviCRM module. Existing Groups in CiviCRM that were generated by the Drupal Organic Groups CiviCRM module can be migrated to become BuddyPress-compatible CiviCRM Groups.
This plugin requires a minimum of WordPress 4.9, BuddyPress 1.8 and CiviCRM 5.19. Having the latest version of each plugin active is, of course, highly recommended.
This plugin is in active development. For feature requests and bug reports (or if you’re a plugin author and want to contribute) please visit the plugin’s GitHub repository.
- Extract the plugin archive
- Upload plugin files to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In Multisite, it is recommended that you network-activate the plugin
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“BP Groups CiviCRM Sync” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixes CiviCRM ACLs for Groups
- Prevents errors when BP Groups component not active
- Relocates admin page menu item
- Adds filter to exclude BuddyPress groups from sync
- Fixes ACL group membership sync
- Disables the UI for creating a BuddyPress Group from a CiviCRM Group – create a BuddyPress Group instead
- Improves plugin loading procedure
- Better code documentation
- Fixes sync procedure hanging when errors are encountered
- Drops support for CiviCRM 4.5
- Fixes membership of ACL Group for BuddyPress group admins
- Fixes CiviCRM “Mailing List” group type on BuddyPress group creation
- Make usernames URL-friendly
- Fixes empty WordPress user emails when Contacts are added to groups via “New Individual” form
- Updates hook references for CiviCRM 4.7.x instances
- AJAX-driven BuddyPress to CiviCRM sync
- Fixed sync recursion errors
- Fixed sync when using Groups admin page
Set “Use Parent Group” to off by default
First public release