By default, BuddyPress does not include comments from non-members (or non-logged-in users more generally) in the sitewide activity stream. This plugin records activity items for those comments.
Please note: the latest version of this plugin (1.2) will NOT work with versions of BuddyPress between 1.2RC and 1.2.1. BP versions 1.2.2+ are supported. Please download an earlier version of this plugin for compatibility with older versions of BuddyPress
- Upload the directory ‘/bp-include-non-member-comments/’ to your WP plugins directory and activate from the Dashboard of the main blog.
- If you’re using a version of BP prior to 1.2, you’ll need to uncomment lines 13 and 14 of the plugin in order to activate it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“BP Include Non-member Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed some PHP warnings
- Improved PHP 5.4 performance
- Unit tests
- Added checks for spam status
- Fixed bug that made approved comments from site members appear twice
- Adapted to BuddyPress’s new comment activity recording method
- Comment approval now posts to the activity stream as well (as a new comment)
- Fixed comment link bug (thanks unknown!)
- Normalized file structure to latest BP standards (bp_init)
- Fixed problem with deprecated bp_post_get_permalink
- Initial release