BuddyPress Live Notification adds Facebook Like real-time notifications for user.
How it works:-
Shows live notifications to other members on a BuddyPress based social network. The new and improved version uses WordPress heartbeat api to fetch notifications
and allows a theme author to implement their own ui for notifying the update.
Please do let us know your thoughts & suggestion on our blog BuddyDev
Do you need more awesome BuddyPress Plugins? Checkout BuddyPress Plugins by BuddyDev
Please leave a comment on our blog BuddyDev
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file and extract
bp-live-notificationdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Alternatively you can use WordPress Plugin installer from Dashboard->Plugins->Add New to add this plugin
Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress installed and activated and the BuddyPress notifications component must be enabled
Where Do I Ask for support?
Please visit BuddyDev for support.
Contributors and Developers
“BuddyPress Live Notification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyPress Live Notification” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with BuddyPress 3.2
- Code improvement
- Prevents fatal error when BuddyPress is not active.
- Compatibility with BuddyPress 2.8.2
- Code improvement
- Fixes the infinite notification bug.
- Uses latest notification id instead of time for checking the new notifications.
- Complete rewrite for better code and efficiency.
- Uses WordPress heartbeat api instead of long polling via the ajax.
- Allows theme authors to replace the inbuilt notification UI with a different one .
- Updated for properly handling json response.