Breadcrumbs based navigation, fully responsive and customizable, supporting post types, all types of archives, 404 pages, search results, and support for third-party plugins.
Generated breadcrumbs all have support for Breadcrumbs rich snippet schema, using JSON-LD format (fully compatible with Schema.org and Google specifications), and it is recognized and accepted by Google and all other popular search engines.
Quick Overview Video
Breadcrumbs Generated by the Plugin
With BreadcrumbsPress you can easily generate breadcrumbs for WordPress powered website. The plugin can generate breadcrumbs for all types of URL’s in WordPress, with support for bbPress (including various Dev4Press plugins for bbPress), BuddyPress and WooCommerce. Here is the list included URL types plugins supports:
- WordPress Front Page (including Home/Posts pages)
- WordPress 404 Page
- WordPress Posts and Pages
- WordPress Custom Post Types (Single and Archives)
- WordPress Categories and Tags
- WordPress Custom Taxonomies
- WordPress Date Archives
- WordPress Author Archives
- WooCommerce Store
- WooCommerce Products (Single and Shop)
- WooCommerce Categories and Tags
- WooCommerce Profile (with support for subpages)
- BuddyPress Activity Directory
- BuddyPress Groups Directory
- BuddyPress Users Directory
- BuddyPress Group (with support for subpages)
- BuddyPress User Profiles (with support for subpages)
- bbPress Forums, Topics and Replies
- bbPress Topic Views
- bbPress Topic Tags
- bbPress User Profile (with support for subpages)
- bbPress GD Members Directory
The plugin has wide range of settings to control visibility of breadcrumbs on various page types, options to change the path used for breadcrumbs for posts and terms, styling and markup settings. Plugin includes font with icons (built into CSS) with separator icons and few additional icons for home page, store and forums main crumbs.
Integration into WordPress
Breadcrumbs can be added using PHP function or shortcode. Or, you can hook the plugin to any action in WordPress, or alternatively, plugin can automatically integrate with some popular themes (themes that provide actions/filters rich frameworks). This includes currently:
- Genesis Framework
More themes will be added in the future, but only themes that have actions placed inside templates for the purpose of expanding or changing the theme.
Plugin Pro Edition
BreadcrumbsPress Free edition is sufficient for most users and use cases. Pro version has several features that are useful for specific use cases.
- PHP: 7.0 or newer
- WordPress: 5.0 or newer
- The plugin doesn’t work with PHP 5.6 or older versions.
- The plugin doesn’t work with WordPress 4.9 or older versions.
- Plugin folder in the WordPress plugins folder should be
breadcrumbspressfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Plugin settings are available under WordPress ‘Settings’ panel
Where can I configure the plugin?
Open the WordPress ‘Settings’ menu, there you will find ‘BreadcrumbsPress’ panel.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“BreadcrumbsPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Version: 1.0.1 / may 1 2021
- Edit: small tweak to the GeneratePress integration styling
- Edit: d4pLib 3.5.1
- Fix: problem with the BuddyPress detection
Version: 1.0 / april 14 2021
- New: first official version