Tired of using expensive CDN plugins that charge ridiculous amounts for something that should be free? Offload your media library to Cloudflare Images and let it handle everything for you – store, resize, optimize and deliver images in the best possible format to your users.
Note from the developer: The plugin is a work in progress, which I created for my personal use, because I got tired with image optimization plugins ignoring real user needs or overcharging for services. If something is not working as expected, or you want a feature added to the plugin, please create a support request, and I will do my best to make it happen.
Cloudflare, the Cloudflare logo, and Cloudflare Workers are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Cloudflare, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard through the ‘Media – Offload Settings’ menu in WordPress
How does this work?
The plugin will use the Cloudflare Images service to host all supported images and serve them with the best possible settings to the user.
Is this free?
Yes, the plugin is 100% free. A Cloudflare account with activated Cloudflare Images option is required.
Cloudflare may charge a fee for the use of this feature, depending on the plan used.
What are the supported image formats?
You can upload the following image formats to Cloudflare Images:
Are there any other limitations?
These are the maximum allowed sizes and dimensions Cloudflare Images supports:
- Images’ height and width are limited to 10,000 pixels.
- Image metadata is limited to 1024 bytes.
- Images have a 10 megabyte (MB) size limit.
- Animated GIFs, including all frames, are limited to 100 megapixels (MP).
Why are not all images being replaced in content?
This is just a first iteration of the plugin. I have tested it over a set of projects that I deployed to my clients.
If something is not working for you, please let me know by creating a support ticket on the plugin support forums.
Contributors and Developers
“Offload, Store, Resize & Optimize with Cloudflare Images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Offload, Store, Resize & Optimize with Cloudflare Images” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
1.1.4 – 29.01.2023
* Links in readme.txt file
1.1.3 – 29.01.2023
* Compatibility with “Spectra – WordPress Gutenberg Blocks” plugin
* cf_images_upload_meta_data filter to allow customizing the metadata sent to Cloudflare Images
* Improve detection of image sizes, fallback to scaled image dimensions
* Improved compatibility with RankMath – og:image tags will not be converted to Cloudflare Image URLs
* Image file names on subdirectory multisite installs
1.1.2 – 19.11.2022
* Support for WooCommerce bulk product uploads
* Allow defining a custom domain for the Cloudflare Images service
* Option to skip images in media library from offloading
* Button to disconnect from Cloudflare
* On network installs, plugin can now only be activated on the network level
* When bulk uploading, if no metadata is found for an image – skip the image, instead of failing the whole process
* Minor UI/UX improvements
* Improved compatibility with WordPress 6.1
* Settings redirect to media library after saving
1.1.1 – 24.10.2022
* Improved button styling
* Allow skipping the setup wizard with CF_IMAGES_ACCOUNT_ID and CF_IMAGES_KEY_TOKEN defines
* Argument #1 ($metadata) must be of type array, bool given error
1.1.0 – 09.09.2022
* Global API stats
* Option to disable auto offload
* New and improved UI
* New plugin icon
* Remove autocomplete for setup form fields
* Incorrect stats calculations
* Reset image stats, when no offloaded images found in media library
* Offloading images on servers with outdated SSL libraries
1.0.3 – 05.09.2022
* Fatal error in rare cases
* Support for scaled images
* Detect API key changes or other auth issues
* Improve code quality
* Do not replace images on the editor
* Image statistics
* Better handling of unsupported media types
* Improve UI and UX
* Failed bulk offload if an image path is not defined in metadata
* PHP fatal error with Spectra plugin
* Incorrect status during bulk offload
* Offload images to Cloudflare Images
* Option to disable WordPress image sizes
* Support for custom domains