Chicory makes recipe monetization easy. Grow revenue for your blog and offer site visitors the ability to shop directly from your recipe content.
Join Chicory’s network of 5,200+ food publishers, brands and retailers to harness the power of contextual commerce advertising solutions.
With Chicory’s free WordPress plugin, you can make all of your recipes shoppable with our Recipe Activation technology and unlock monetization opportunities with highly-relevant, contextual advertising via Chicory Premium. Our advertisements are placed within the recipe card and targeted to either ingredient keywords or recipe categories.
- Easy Path to Start Earning
Working with Chicory is easy! In just a few steps you can make your recipes shoppable and start earning ad revenue.
- Relevant Recommendations for Your Audience
Our consumer research shows that food blogs and recipe sites are the #1 of inspiration for shoppers. By working with Chicory, you’ll give your audience relevant product recommendations and a seamless way to start their grocery shop.
- Advertisers You Can Trust
Chicory’s media is sold directly to CPG brands and agencies. We keep your audience’s site experience in mind and will only show grocery-related advertisements within your recipe card.
- High-Performing Shoppable Experiences
Chicory’s shoppable recipe tech gives your audience the option to select their preferred retailer and results in higher performance than single-retailer experiences.
Our team is available to answer any Chicory-related questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Q: What’s the difference between Recipe Activation and Chicory Premium?
A: Read here.
Q: Where can I find Chicory on my site?
A: Read here.
Q: What are the details of Chicory’s payment policy?
A: Read here.
Get started with Chicory in two simple steps:
Contributors and Developers
“Chicory Shoppable Recipes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated plugin FAQ, Support, and description.
- Verified compatability with WordPress 6.2
- Verified compatability with WordPress 5.8.2
- Verified compatability with WordPress 5.5
- Verified compatability with WordPress 5.2
- Updated documentation and tested flag to reflect compatibility with WordPress 5.1.1
- Updated documentation and tested flag to reflect compatibility with WordPress 5.0
- Updated documentation
- Updated readme with latest supported version of WordPress
- Updated plugin photos
- Updated plugin description
- Updated plugin configuration
- Removed Chicory button location options from admin
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.9
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.8
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.7
- Adding async=”true” to Chicory script
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.6
- Added new button placement option – “Lower Right Corner of Recipe”
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 4.5
- Bug fix for warnings during installation
- Adding support for HTTPS
- Updating description, FAQ, and icon image
Moving button placement logic to external system
Restricting button to singular pages only
Converted to PHP 5.2 compatible syntax
Added wordpress, php, and plugin version tracking
Using older PHP 4 constant definition syntax
Showing warning in settings page when PHP version is too old or required extensions are missing
- Defaulting button location to bottom of post when PHP extensions libxml, dom, or mbstring are missing.
- Added a default for the location setting.
- Updated button location settings.
- Resolve bugs of not displaying content and images on blog and index page.
Remove chicory button from front page and other pages.
Chicory button only display on single post.
Remove Top Of Recipe Setting.
Add Below Ziplist Setting.
Add Below EasyRecipe Setting.
- First version.