This plugin adds a small WordPress widget that shows a random Chuck Norris joke on your blog.
These jokes are taken from a database on icndb.com.
For personalized Chuck Norris jokes starring yourself, please refer to the Personalized Chuck Norris Jokes Widget.
To install this plugin:
- Download the plugin and extract the contents.
- Upload the entire plugin directory to ‘/wp-content/plugins/’.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Drag the “Personalized Chuck Norris Joke” widget in a widget area through the ‘Appearance – Widgets’ menu.
- Press save and close.
You should now see a different Chuck Norris joke on your blog every time the page loads.
Have a question? Be sure to ask it at the plugin homepage
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Chuck Norris Jokes Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Chuck Norris Jokes Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed bug with loading jQuery.
- Switched to client-side mashup using new jQuery plugin (no caching problems, server load minimized).
- Fixed some coding issues
- Upgraded to new, stable RESTful API
- Branched off “Personalized Chuck Norris Joke Widget”, personalization will only be present in that plugin.
- Changed to the new icndb.com domain to fetch jokes.
- Basic version: a random joke with possibility to show own first name and last name in the joke (basic replacement).