Chunks is for theme developers that have their themes filled with footer notes, copyright notices, block titles and descriptions, slogans, etc, which are sometimes hard-coded into the theme, sometimes localized (can be changed in po and mo files) and sometimes taken out to the theme options.
Chunks will do the job for you. A “chunk” is a piece of HTML code that could be inserted anywhere in your theme and edited from the Theme Chunks page under Appearance in your admin panel. Use register_chunks() in your functions.php to register chunks for your theme and use the chunk() to get the chunk value anywhere in your template files.
It’ll take you 5 minutes to implement Chunks in your theme: Getting Started with Chunks
- Upload archive contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Modify your theme to implement chunks.
- Look for the ‘Theme Chunks’ option under your ‘Appearance’ menu.
- Can I use chunks in my posts or pages?
Of course, try out the chunk shortcode!
- Can I use HTML in my Chunks?
Yes, but be careful.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Chunks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Chunk shortcode implemented
- Cleanup and coding style
- Chunks went from personal project to public!