Just another code syntaxhighligher for the theme and plugin editor with CodeMirror. This plugin can highlight sourcecodes in the theme/plugin editor and provide a useful toolbar.
- Highlight sourcecodes in theme and plugin editor on the dashboard.
- Built-in 10 themes.
- Useful toolbar which includes search/replace features.
- Full-screen editing.
- Easy to configure features through the setting panel.
- Localization: English(Default), 日本語(Japanese, UTF-8).
- “WP SyntaxHighlighter” can highlight sourcecodes on your front-end(posts, pages, comments).
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- If you need, go to “Settings” -> “CodeMirror for CE” to configure.
- You can select a theme, run search and replace on the toolbar.
- Place the cursor in the textarea and press “Esc” or “F11” key to chage to the “fullscreen mode”.
- Press “Ctrl” – “Space” to activate Auto-omplete.
- Press “Ctrl” – “Z” to undo the previous change.
- Press “Ctrl” – “Y” to redo.
- Press “Shift” – “Tab” to reset line indentation to default.
- Press “Ctrl/Cmd” – “[” to reduce line indentation.
- Press “Ctrl/Cmd” – “]” to increase line indentation.
You can also use following shortcuts to search and replace.
- Search: Press Ctrl-F / Cmd-F
- Find next: Press Ctrl-G / Cmd-G
- Find previous: Press Shift-Ctrl-G / Cmd-Option-G
- Replace: Shift-Ctrl-F / Cmd-Option-F (Run this after searching.)
- Replace all: Shift-Ctrl-R / Shift-Cmd-Option-F (Run this after searching.)
Note: “Search & replace” by shortcut and “Auto-omplete” can’t work in the “fullscreen mode”.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“CodeMirror for CodeEditor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CodeMirror for CodeEditor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.23.
- Add new themes(Lesser-Dark, XQ-Dark).
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.22.
- Add “Highlight matched strings” option.
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.21.
- Add “Smart indent” option.
- Discontinue “Tab mode” and “Indentation for a new line” options.
- Fix a bug: Selected elements by dragging the mouse isn’t displayed inverted correctly.
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.2-55.
- Supports “Emacs keybindings”.
- Supports “Vim keybindings”.
- Supports “Highlighting the current line”.
- Re-added “Serach and Replace” box into the toolbar.
- Added new setting option to show/hide serach and replace box.
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.2-39.
- Supports “visible tab”.
- New “Search” and “Replace” functions.
- Fix a bug: Using bloginfo() in the wrong way.
- Added new theme “monokai” and “rubyblue”.
- Added “Update File” button into the toolbar.
- Renewed “Auto-complete” function.
- Modified the processing of “Search”.
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.18.
- Updated CodeMirror to ver. 2.16-22(including important bug fixes for IE users).
- Added new variable that has version info of CodeMirror.
- Added setting link into “Plugins” section.
- Fix a bug: a missing arrow operator.
- Rewrote the code using class.
- Added setting panel.
- Modified stylesheet.
- Added Search and Replace functions.
- Added Auto-complete.
- The themes become user-selectable in the “fullscreen mode”.
- This is the initial release.