This plugin creates a simple contact form with a check box to subscribe to a mailman mailing list. The config is in the main file. Future versions will include the settings directly in the WordPress admin.
- Upload the contents of the zip to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Navigate to the plugins dashboard
- Search for ‘Contact Form with Mailman’
- Click ‘Activate’
- Click on ‘Mailman Settings’ on the left.
- Fill in the 3 fields to match your mailman mailing list.
- Click ‘Update’
- Add the short code ‘[mailman_contact_form]’ to any page or post you would like the form to display on.
Q: Can you update the mailing list settings in the admin?
A: At the moment no but this will be coming in a future release.
Q: Will upgrading from version 1.x to version 2.x break it?
A: Yes! In version 1.x the mailman list information was stored in the main php file. With version 2.x the mailman list information is now accessable through the WordPress Admin menu. Because version 2.x is looking for the list info in a different spot you will need to update the settings in the WordPress Admin.
Contributors and Developers
“Contact Form with Mailman” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Commented out print_r() which was causing unwanted output.
- Updated error message to be more descriptive.
- Saving settings now indicates to the user the settings were saved. Updated the look of the settings page form and some wording changes.
- All config options are now available in the WordPress Admin
- Subscribe to mailing list checkbox is now checked by default.
- I honestly don’t remember what I did for this update.
- Added prefix to each function to eliminate conflicts
- Inital release