This plugin allows you to optionally keep the last post modified date unchanged when you update the post in WordPress Classic Editor.
It adds datepicker and checkbox to the Publish panel of every post. If you select checkbox when you update the post, the last modified date will change; if not, this date will not change no matter how many times you update the post.
This is a helpful thing if you make only slight changes to the post and don’t want it to be noticed by the search engine crawlers or even in the post information publicly visible on your website.
Only use the plugin to keep the last modified date unchanged for minor changes. If you make a major change to a post, make sure to check the box to update the last modified date, thus making search engines aware of the update.
Discover Our Other Most Popular Plugins:
* Getwid – an ultimate library of WordPress blocks & designs.
* Hotel Booking – the professional WordPress booking engine for hotels and vacation rentals.
* Appointment Booking – the multipurpose appointment scheduling WordPress plugin.
Сontrol Post Modified Date, Copyright (C) 2023, MotoPress https://motopress.com/
Сontrol Post Modified Date plugin is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- Upload the plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Сontrol Post Modified Date WordPress plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Сontrol Post Modified Date” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.1, Oct 30 2023
- Added nonce verification.
1.0.0, Aug 09 2023
- Initial release.