THIS PLUGIN IS IN HEAVY DEVELOPMENT!
Extend your site’s querying and sorting functionality using custom field values.
The following function registers queryable fields.
(The above registers the custom field ‘city’ to be searchable using query variables)
(displays posts which have a meta key ‘city’ and a value of ‘Anahiem’)
(The above registers the custom field “price” to be searchable as a number using query variables)
(displays posts which have a meta key ‘price’ and a exact value of ‘500’)
(displays posts, sorted by ‘price’, which have a meta key ‘price’ and a value between ‘200’ and ‘800’)
- text (default)
- numeric (receive min/max query variables, see above example)
- If the user uses the “order_by” query variable then this option determines the order. Available options are “ASC” and “DESC”(default)
- Compare method for text types. Defaults to ‘=’. Recommend ‘LIKE’
There is a “order_by” query var made available. This is used by adding
&order_by=price to the URL. In this instance, the query would sort based on the “price” field only.
Note: This plugin does not alter any queries when in the backend.
custom-query-fieldsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- See Description on how to enable the custom variables.
- When will you have some FAQ’s?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Custom Query Fields” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Custom Query Fields” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed some foreach bugs that threw warnings if no fields were registered.
- The plugin is now only using one global variable.
- Added backward compatibility with version 3.0.
- Improved code efficiency.
- Added enable and disable functions to allow you to apply custom field query to external query’s.
- Added the ability to control whether the query altering function is run only once.
- Added the compare option to the registered fields. This compare is ignored for numeric comparisons.
- Initial build.