Transliterates post slug from any language to Latin characters, using custom character arrays.
- Compatible with any language: Arabic, Russian, Sweden, Serbian, French etc.
- Allows you to set custom input and output arrays.
- Automatically updates post slug on every post update (optional).
More information can be found on extension’s page.
- Unpack and upload all files to “/wp-content/plugins/plugin-name” directory. Or simply install plugin through Plugins page.
- Activate extension on “Plugins” page.
- Setup plugin according to your liking.
On Settings -> Writing page find Transliteration section. Available options:
- Transliteration Input – Enter your local alphabet, separating characters by comma (e.g.: a, b, c, d).
- Transliteration Output – Enter Latin replacements list, separating characters with comma (e.g.: aye, bee, see, dee).
- Always Update – Turn on/off automatic slug update on every post update.
NOTE: Number of elements, separated by commas, in both input and output fields MUST be equal! If certain character in your local alphabet doesn’t have corresponding character in Latin, simply add a comma (empty character).
- Paid extensions support
For any support inquieries and pre-sales questions, please, see our Support page.
- Do you provide support for free extensions?
Unfortunately we don’t have resources to provide support for free extensions. You can, of course, report an issue or request a feature, but there’s absolutely no guarantee, that we will respond. Anyway, feel free to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Custom Transliteration” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Custom Transliteration” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release.