Transliterates post slug from any language to Latin characters, using custom character arrays.
- Compatible with any language: Arabic, Russian, Sweden, Serbian, French etc.
- Allows you to set custom input and output arrays.
- Automatically updates post slug on every post update (optional).
More information can be found on extension’s page.
- Unpack and upload all files to “/wp-content/plugins/plugin-name” directory. Or simply install plugin through Plugins page.
- Activate extension on “Plugins” page.
- Setup plugin according to your liking.
On Settings -> Writing page find Transliteration section. Available options:
- Transliteration Input – Enter your local alphabet, separating characters by comma (e.g.: a, b, c, d).
- Transliteration Output – Enter Latin replacements list, separating characters with comma (e.g.: aye, bee, see, dee).
- Always Update – Turn on/off automatic slug update on every post update.
NOTE: Number of elements, separated by commas, in both input and output fields MUST be equal! If certain character in your local alphabet doesn’t have corresponding character in Latin, simply add a comma (empty character).
- Paid extensions support
For any support inquieries and pre-sales questions, please, see our Support page.
- Do you provide support for free extensions?
Unfortunately we don’t have resources to provide support for free extensions. You can, of course, report an issue or request a feature, but there’s absolutely no guarantee, that we will respond. Anyway, feel free to contact us via email email@example.com.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Custom Transliteration” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.