The WordPress customizer is an amazing tool that developers can use to make their themes easily customizable by their users.
However, creating fields for it requires quite a bit of coding, and lots of trips to the Codex. WPCUI uses a user-friendly design
to allow the developer to create sections and controls, and get on to what really matters… creating amazing websites!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wpcuidirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Navigate to the Customizer UI page found on the left of the admin panel
- Create a new section by naming it
- Create any controls for the section. Give each control an ID.
- Utilize the controls in your theme code by pulling the saved value for the control. ie. get_theme_mod(‘control_id’)
Contributors and Developers
“Customizer UI” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Customizer UI” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Customizer UI” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New page to set a global control id prefix
- New Section Manager page which allows for changing priorities of all sections, including core sections
- Section Manager also allows the user to change the visibility of any section, including core sections
- Main customizer builder page now has a ‘duplicate’ button on each section, allwing the user to completely duplicate a section and all controls within.
- Minor updates to fix information on plugin listing
- First public release!