Allows you to discourage search engines by url to prevent you from forgetting to turn off the “Search Engine Visibility” setting when going between development and live instances.
- A field to enter in as many domains as needed
- An icon in the admin bar to display if the current page is indexable for convenience and debugging
- A checkbox to hide the icon in the admin bar
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Make sure “Search Engine Visibility” is unchecked
- Add your development environment URL(s) or any url you want to be not indexable. You can do partial urls such as “staging.” to cover all staging. subdomains.
- Hover the eye icon in the admin bar to make sure it is set up correctly.
For Example: if my live site was google.com and my development site was dev.google.com I would enter dev.google.com in the field.
Installation & Activation
- Upload the folder “discourage-search-engines-by-url” to your WordPress Plugins Directory (typically “/wp-content/plugins/”)
- Activate the plugin on your Plugins Page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Discourage Search Engines by URL” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Trim URLs for a better experience
- Added support for php 5.2