Dismiss Welcome Panel nag, dashboard widget, when it is activated, or automatically, if it is in mu-plugins directory. Development for this plugin, takes place at GitHub, and Travis CI. Dismiss Welcome Panel Nag is the best companion of Dismiss Gutenberg Nag, and Dismiss Browser Update Nag. Compatible with GlotPress translations. Plugin approved in the repository of the plugin directory on 2017-11-09
A neat trick, is to put this single file dismiss-welcome-nag.php (not its parent directory) in the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory (create it if not exists) so you won’t even have to enable it, and will be loaded by default, also, since first step installation of WordPress setup!
This, is different from the other similar plugins, because uses the filter hook, and not the action hook. Filters should filter information, thus receiving information/data, applying the filter and returning information/data, and then used. However, filters are still action hooks. WordPress defines add_filter/remove_filter as “hooks a function to a specific filter action”, and add_action/remove_action as “hooks a function on to a specific action”.
What is Welcome Panel?
Welcome Panel is a dashboard widget experience for WordPress 3.5+
The code of this plugin, is not written with a PHP framework, but with a simple PHP editor, manually, compatible UTF-8 without BOM, and Unix LF. To avoid code corruption, do not edit it with WordPress embedded editor, or with any specifications incompatible editor.
Translated by: Luciano Croce
Thanks to Andrea Gandino (andg) for Italian translation approval.
Thanks to Garrett Hyder for English (Canada) translation approval.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Dismiss Welcome Panel Nag Dashboard Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Dismiss Welcome Panel Nag Dashboard Widget” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Dismiss Welcome Panel Nag Dashboard Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Plugin approved in the directory on 2017-11-09
Detailed changes are available on GitHub.
Release Date: November 09, 2017
- Changed plugin name
- Changed plugin description
- Renamed plugin slug
- Renamed text domain slug
- Preemptive Support for WP 5.0-alpha/beta
- Preemptive Support for WordPress 4.9.2
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9+
- Work with WordPress 3.3+ to 4.9+ ~ 5.0-alpha/beta
- Make sure that run under WP 3.3+ or greater
- Work with PHP 5.2.4 to 7.1+ ~ 7.2+
- Make sure that run under PHP 5.2.4 or greater
- Compatible with MySQL 5.5+ and 5.6+ or greater
- Compatible with MariaDB 5.5+ and 10.0+ or greater
- Compatible with GlotPress translations
- Compatible with load_plugin_textdomain Function
- Compatible with load_muplugin_textdomain Function
- Updated descriptions to reflect changes
- Updated screenshots according new changes
- Updated readme.txt according new changes
Release Date: December 12, 2013
- First initial release of the plugin
- Use the filter hook and not the action hook
- Compatible with WordPress 3.3+ or greater
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite
- Compatible with mu-plugins directory
- Compatible with 1st step installation setup
- Compatible with the Famous 5 Minute Installation
- Compatible with MySQL 5.0+ or greater
- Requires WordPress Version 3.3+ or greater
- Requires PHP Version 5.2.4 or greater