I wanted to provide an easy to use, free Cookie Consent Form, that provides the most basic features needed to fullfill the actual requirements.
So i wrote this plugin. Please inform me if you got suggestions to improve this plugin. But be aware that I’m a fulltime employed developer who’s coding this in his freetime.
- Add groups to organize Skripts/Cookies
- Add scripts and sort them into the previously mentioned groups
- Add scripts for each situation: User accepted the Script/Cookie, the user declined the Script/Cookie or Scripts thtat will always be executed.
- Decide how the plugin should behave in cae of not accepted Cookies/Scripts
- Currently the plugin is only capable of trying to unset(delete) cookies on server side
- Show/hide the build in Modal Trigger Button
- Translate every frontend shown text within the settings of the plugin
- styling options within the plugin Settings
- different modal-box layouts
- preselection / templates of standard scripts such as google analytics
- some kind of “external content blocker”
This plugin is only a technical aid to meet the legal requirements. I do not guarantee that there is absolute legal security when using this plugin. The configuration of the plugin is up to the user.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/easy-cookie-optindirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the new “easyCookie” menu to show the settings and configure the plugin
- If your’re ready with setting up this plugin, you can activate it in the frontend with the “Plugin/Modal Active?” setting in the “Main Settings” page of the easyCookie Menu.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“easy Cookie Consent – Optin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.0.4 fixed wrong link generation within admin page navigation
1.0.3 reworked text-domain for translations
1.0.1 fixed not showing menu entry and tested wordpress version