Installing EasyContent WordPress plugin allows you to transfer content between your WordPress website and your EasyContent account. You can pull all or some of your EasyContent articles into your WordPress website, or push some of your WordPress posts or pages directly into your EasyContent account. Once your WordPress post or page is linked, you can change its EasyContent status or update its content right from your WordPress admin panel.
In your plugin settings, you can define the default parameters for your imported posts or pages, as well as map your WordPress categories to your EasyContent categories. The plugin works with All in One SEO Pack and Yoast SEO, two most popular SEO plugins for WordPress. So your post SEO metadata will be synced as well.
The images that you attach to your EasyContent articles will be uploaded directly to your WordPress media library. Our plugin can also resize and/or compress your attached images if you choose to.
What is EasyContent?
EasyContent is a content collaboration and workflow management platform. It enables teams to create and review content and publish it to WordPress with one click of a button, at scale.
It has the following features:
- Powerful text editor that works fine with WordPress Gutenberg editor
- Unlimited number of projects
- Customizable roles and approval workflows
- Feedback and annotations
- Editorial calendar
- Change tracking
- Activity reporting and email notifications
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on the menu item “EasyContent”
- In the “EasyContent connection” tab add your public and private API keys. You can generate your API keys in the ‘Integrations’ section of your EasyContent account.
Contributors and Developers
“EasyContent” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Increased performance
- Removed side dependencies
- Increased stability
- Added scheduling support
- Added ability to set post’s featured image alt text from EasyContent
- Added ability to set post type, categories, and tags inside EasyContent when publishing an item
- Increased database code stability
- Added tool that will help to fix database schema if something went wrong
- Added ability to push drafted post to EasyContent.io
- Better Rest API support in Gutenberg editor
- Better EasyContent.io integration
- Plugin now uses only public API key
- Added multiple categories support
- Fixed pulling mechanism
- Added better support for the Classic editor
- Minor bugfixes
- Initial version of the plugin