The plugin adds several new columns to the post table in WordPress admin area so that you or your editors can quickly analyze guest post submissions. Here are the columns that are added by the plugin:
Word Count – Shows the total number of words in the post.
Links – Shows a list of all the links in the post. This column will help you reject submissions with malicious or irrelevant links.
Images – Number of images in the content. Doesn’t include the featured image.
Thumb – Whether or not the post has a featured image.
Random Excerpts – Randomly selected sentences from the content of the post so you can get rid of spam.
Each column can be activated/deactivated from the control panel. You can also decide which user levels get to see the new columns.
- Install the plugin using the WordPress plugin installer or copy the contents of the zip file to a new folder in your WP Contents directory.
- To configure the plugin visit the options panel listed in the Plugins section
- Visit your-domain.com/wp-admin/edit.php to see the new columns
- How can I display just the columns of my choice?
You can do so by unchecking the unwanted fields in the options panel.
- Will everyone see these columns?
No. You can decide which user levels get to see the columns.
Contributors and Developers
“Editor's Columns” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.