Forces all users to have a strong password when they’re changing it on their profile page. If user enters a weak password an error message is displayed.
It uses the same algorithm to determine password strength as WordPress.
On multisite, network administrator can define required password strength (Network Admin –> Settings –> Enforce Strong Passwords). On single site it’s admin has this capability (Options –> Enforce Strong Passwords).
Developed for private use, but has perspective for more extensive usage. I can’t guarantee any support in the future nor further development, but it is to be expected. Kindly inform me about bugs, if you find any, or propose new features: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Install as usual and activate
No questions asked yet. Ask.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Enforce Strong Password” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added Dutch language files (thanks to Ronald de Caluwé)
- Fix warnings while updating user profile.
- Use validate_password_reset hook introduced in WordPress 3.5.
- Fix compatibility issue with WordPress 3.5.1 while resetting password.
- Require WordPress 3.5.1.
- enforce strong password also when resetting passwords (thanks to Daniel Henrique Alves Lima)
- minor text changes
- added pt_BR translation (thanks to Daniel Henrique Alves Lima)
- code refreshed (rewritten into php class)
- options page for admin resp. network admin
- ability to select minimal required password strength
- uploaded to wordpress.org
- added czech translation
- error message update
- first version