Expandable Banners is an easy to use WordPress plugin that allows you to create banners that expand overtop of web content.
Simply upload your banner which can be an image, flash or HTML, or HTML5 code, set your variables, preview and deploy.
Customize it by adding your own close or open button.
- Now in 9 Languages: French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Turkish,
- No coding required!
- Mobile Responsive: All images and HTML banners are responsive.
- Banner format can be: JPG, GIF, PNG, SWF, HTML or HTML5.
- Show only on certain screen sizes.
- Click to open, or Rollover to open.
- Close button on the outside or inside.
- Use our close buttons or Upload your own Close Button
- Paste any HTML code from: (Aweber, GetResponse, iContact, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and more)
- Set your URL (Open in a new window or not)
- Set the Dimensions
- Set where you want them to be placed. (top of page, middle of page, inside a post etc.)
- Change the speed of the animation when it opens.
- Add an Auto-open or Auto-Close
- Create Text Banners
- Rollover to open, Rolloff to close.
- Auto-play a Youtube Video On Rollover.
- Add a cookie to show only once per day.
- Free Upgrades
NOTE: Certain features are exclusive to the Full Version of Expandable Banners.
* Expand in any Direction
* Save an unlimited amount of banners
* Full Stats, including: daily, weekly, monthly with a 6 month history.
Installing the plugin is as easy as clicking “Install Now” from your dashboards plugin page.
Get started my clicking the “Add New Expandable Banner” on the left menu under Expandable Banners
Q: Is it compatible with DFP, OpenX, Adtech or Adzerk or other banner rotators?
Answer: Yes. As long as you can edit the HTML for the banner in your banner system our media kit will work for you.
Q: Do all banners work with HTML5?
Answer: Yes, all products are compatible with HTML5, HTML, Youtube, Flash or images.
Q: Is it easy to customize the size to a non standard size, such as: 728X90 (closed) – 728X530 (open)
Answer: Yes, you can customize the banners to any size.
Q: Can you have the original banner be a flash application coded in AS3?
Therefore, the banners can be in any version of ActionScript.
Q: Can I create multiple clicking areas on the expandable portion of the ad?
You can have as many tabs, and buttons as you wish in the flash or HTML versions.
Q: Does there need to be an open and close button?
Answer: No. You can design the banners however you wish. (Although we do reccomend having a visible close button for mobile users.)
Q: Can the expanded banner be a Youtube video or Slideshare presentation?
Answer: Yes. It’s also best to set the close button to the outside for these style of banners.
Q: Can I set a timer that allows the add to stay open on the initial 10 seconds then close?
Answer: Yes. More information on how to set a timer is in the tutorial when you subscribe.
Q: Can the expanded banner contain a sign up form and some survey questions?
You can add anything that any regular flash file can like: ( a video with controls, newsletter sign up, contact forms, games, audio payers, photo galleries and more.
Q: Will the expanded version expand over top of another flash object?
Q: Can I add video in my expanded banner?
Answer: Yes, the video file can be loaded into the .swf file. Or you can use HTML5 Video, Youtube or any other video service.
Q: Can I use a Flex or Adobe Air applications as the expanded banner?
Answer: Yes. Just be sure to open and close the banner using the AS code
Contributors and Developers
“Expandable Banners” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 1.5 – Added Languages: French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Turkish,
- 1.4 – Fixed URL Bug & Set timeout function after 1000ms
- 1.3 – Simple bug fix
- 1.2 – Updated the Readme.txt file.
- 1.1 – Add extra code to the close button