Expire Comment Links was inspired by Joost de Valk
in an article he wrote called
Comment links: an experiment.
It all started when Matt Cutts talked about how Google changed how it handles no
follow links in his article on
No one knows for sure yet if this will be beneficial or not, but for those that
want to be on the cutting edge and try this experiment for themselves, this
plugin automates everything.
You may also be interested in WordPress tips and tricks at WordPress Informer or general Web Developer News
- Verify that you have PHP5, which is required for this plugin.
- Upload the whole
expire-comment-linksdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Will this help me rank better in search engines like Google?
Maybe. The truth is, we don’t know yet. Joost is an exceptionally tallented
Search Engine Optimation expert, but this method is currently an unproven
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Expire Comment Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Expire Comment Links” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Move actions to __construct
- Fix sysinfo error
- Removed the optional anonymous statistics collection. Nothing is ever collected anymore.
- First version released to wordpress.org
- Added mechanism to give additional info on future updates via the plugin page
- Don’t run make_clickable on old comments just to undo it later
- Add the setting link to the plugin row
- Optimize the regular expression
- Original Version