Fast and easy way to insert videos from YouTube right into your WordPress blog posts or pages. It doesn’t matter if you paste the whole YouTube video URL or just the video ID… Surround it by square brackets and Fast Tube will do the job. The plugin also checks if the video ID is valid so don’t worry if you have similar information on your posts or pages – it won’t be lost, hidden or removed.
YouTubers watch out! Fast Tube 2.3 is here!
FEW GOOD REASONS TO USE IT:
- NEW VIDEO GALLERY for browsing your videos!
- NEW TOP-LEVEL Administration Menu!
- Fast Tube ThumbView with 10 added skins.
- Options page full of nice settings.
- Same old fast and easy video inserting method.
- Database optimized: ALL options -> ONE single record.
- Future version ideas.
Check out the screenshots! 2 more added!
Go to Other Notes for: Usage, Advanced Usage and Changelog.
- Visit youtube.com and play some video.
- Copy the video URL and insert it in post or page, surrounded by square brackets – [URL]
- You can insert as many as you like in the same post or page.
Ok, the easiest way is to copy some video URL and to put it right into your post or page, surrounded by square brackets. But all the variations will work as well…
- [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOAra5f0qlk&feature=related] will work too!
- Unzip the file fast-tube.zip wherever you want.
- Upload the extracted folder fast-tube in /wp-content/plugins/ of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the Plugin via the Plugins section at your WordPress admin panel.
Yes, but keep in mind that my wordpress.org username is Caspie.
- I want to write you or thank you?
Do it via my blog – http://blog.caspie.net/contact/ – enjoy!
- How many videos I can put in the same post or page?
One or more… It’s up to you!
- How to create my own Fast Tube ThumbView skins?
Activate the plugin and go to the Fast Tube top-level administration menu. Hit the Fast Tube Skins button at the top.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Fast Tube” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Fast Tube” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Version: 2.3.1 (2 May 2013)
- This is a trunk version for urgent fixes
- Fixed autoplay issue
- Fixed various warnings and notices
- Fixed some depricated code
Version: 2.3 (20 Mar 2009)
- New Fast Tube Video Gallery. Browse your videos easily.
- New Top-Level Administration Menu.
- Improved matching method. The old one caused probs with other plugins in some cases.
- Fixed minor bugs like sorting the skins, stripping the author link text when the_exterpt is used, … etc.
Version: 2.2 (6 Mar 2009)
- Fast Tube ThumbView now supports skins. Added 10 skins.
- Added info buttons at the top of the options page.
- Added list with the YouTube default player sizes.
- Small options page rearrangements.
Version: 2.1 (25 Feb 2009)
- Now shows the options correctly.
Version: 2.0 (24 Feb 2009)
- Added brand new options page with huge amount of options.
Version: 1.0 (19 Feb 2009)
- Initial Release