Simple and super lightweight Lightbox for WordPress with gallery navigation support.
- Zero render-blocking tags are added on the page
- Only 0.5 kB is loaded if no linked images found
- Gallery support
- Caching, minifying & combining friendly
- jQuery independent (in case it’s async)
- Keyboard navigation
- Swipe navigation
Starts working just by the plugin activation. Opens linked images in a popup Lightbox by click. Adds arrow navigation, if an image is a part of a gallery or other links sequence.
You can modify the code for your needs, or suggest improvemens on GitHub. It is pretty transparent and well-commented.
- Install the plugin
- Activate the plugin
Waiting for your questions, which you can ask here or via GitHub.
Contributors and Developers
“FCP Lightest Lightbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Swipe navigation added
- Inlined the inline js
- Improved the siblings search
- Removed the render blocking css to be loaded by js
- Moved the main js and css away to load only if a linked image is found
- Optimized to fit WP 5.7
- Optimized: Gallery & image sequences tracking added
- Initial release