The plugin adds a meta box where you can upload or select an image from your media library.
After selection, the default Link Image field is populated with the image URL and a preview is available in the meta box.
The plugin also adds a Thumbnail column in the page /wp-admin/link-manager.php
Inspired by this question in WordPress Answers.
Português & Español
- Unpack the download-package
- Upload the file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Links to see it in action
- Doubts, bugs, suggestions
Don’t hesitate in posting a new topic here in WordPress support forum.
Contributors and Developers
“Featured Link Image” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Full code revision and optimization
- Encapsulated plugin into a class
- Revised compatibility with WordPress 3.5
- Language files read first from /wp-content/languages/featured-link-image/
- Revised compatibility with WordPress 3.4.1
- File URL now visible in the upload window with warning text about the Link URL to use
- Removed one function incompatible with PHP < 5.3
- Added the ID column in the Links page, and sort by ID and Thumbnail
- Plugin launch