This simple, lightweight plugin solves one particular issue. WordPress doesn’t include any alt text or a title tag when using Gravatars. This addresses that by using the comment author name for each of your comment’s Gravatars, and for any other Gravatar usage it should use the authors display name.
So if you create a post it will use your name for your Gravatars Alt text and Title tag and then for the comments it will use the commenters name for their Gravatars Alt text and Title tags.
With this plugin you can squash those pesky warnings given by SEO reporting tools that look for missing alt text and title tags.
- Install via the WordPress Plugin manager, or unzip and add to wp-content/plugins.
- Activate the plugin via the dashboard.
- Refresh a page containing Gravatars (Blog post most likely), clear caches if necessary.
- Check your source code and Gravatars should now contain the right Alt text and Title tag.
Or you can just copy the function and drop it into your functions.php file, if not wanting to use yet another plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Fix Gravatar Alt Text & Title Tag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial plugin – 7 September 2017