This plugin enables a customizable, floating share button that triggers a responsive, customizable sharesheet on desktop devices and the native iOS or Android sharesheet on mobile devices using the Web Share API.
- Supports 33 of the most popular sharing destinations (complete list below). Can be customized to show only destinations you choose.
- Uses SVG icon which looks sharp at any size and screen resolution
- Easily understandable and visual options to customize the button’s appearance
- Customize when and how the button appears or disappears with screen scrolling progression
- Can be shown/hidden on either/both desktop and mobile views
- Lightweight. Minimal CSS and JS on the frontend with no jQuery dependency
- Great tandem with the Flexible Scroll Top plugin. Works beatifully on both desktop and mobile devices, especially if you are looking for a minimalist approach.
Supported Sharing Destinations
- Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, VK, QZone, Weibo, Mixi
- Chat apps: Whatsapp, Telegram, Messenger, Skype, WeChat, Line, Viber, QQ
- Email apps: Gmail, Ymail (Yahoo Mail), Outlook, Mail.ru, generic email
- Others: Tumblr, Reddit, Flipboard, Mix, InstaPaper, Pocket, Hacker News, Google Classroom, Buffer, Evernote, Trello
- Includes a QR code so people visiting your website on their laptop can easily share it directly from their mobile device
- On iOS or Android devices, the button will trigger the native OS sharesheet and can use any sharing destination supported by the OS or device.
- A nice review would be great!
- Give feedback and help improve future versions.
- Github repo to contribute code.
- Donate and support my work.
Check These Out Too
- Admin and Site Enhancements helps you to easily enhance various admin workflows and site aspects while replacing multiple plugins doing it.
- System Dashboard: Central dashboard to monitor various WordPress components, processes and data, including the server.
- Variable Inspector: Inspect PHP variables on a central dashboard in wp-admin for convenient debugging.
- Code Explorer: Fast directory explorer and file/code viewer with syntax highlighting.
- Database Admin: Securely manage your WordPress website’s database with a clean and user-friendly interface based on a custom-themed Adminer app. Only available on Github.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Floating Share Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- [Fixed] Uncaught TypeError for certain scenarios.
- [Fixed] Page title and url on the mobile sharesheet no longer displays mangled PHP code.
- [Added] Suppression of all admin notices on the settings page
- [Changed] Put in place a prefixed CodeStar Framework to avoid collision with other plugins using this library
- [Changed] Improve settings page header links
- [Changed] Properly use wp_add_inline_style() to load CSS styles based on plugin settings
- [Changed] Increase share modal’s z-index to make sure it overlays everything on screen
- Tested to be compatible with WordPress 6.0
- Add review, feedback and donate links in settings page
1.6.1 (April 2022)
- Fix sharesheet close button size issue
1.6.0 (April 2022)
- Downgrade CodeStar framework with free, lighter version
1.5.2 (April 2022)
- Fix sizing issue with image select buttons due to css conflict
1.5.0 (April 2022)
- Implement custom corner spacing option
1.4.2 (April 2022)
- Modify button z-index property so it stays on top of other elements on the page
1.4.1 (March 2022)
- Increase QR code version from 5 to 8 to acommodate conversion of longer URL
1.4.0 (March 2022)
- Add dark and light mode for the sharesheet
1.3.1 (March 2022)
- Add background hover color settings
- Fix footer link to plugin page on wordpress.org
1.2.0 (March 2022)
- Security hardening by properly escaping output
1.1.0 (March 2022)
- Implement local QR code generator using chillerlan/php-qrcode library
1.0.0 (February 2022)
- Initial release