The Force Reinstall plugin is a useful tool for when you need to reinstall a plugin or theme on your WordPress site. Whether you’ve experienced a broken update, suspect your plugins may have been affected by malware, or simply need to reset changes you’ve made to a plugin, this plugin can help.
With just one click, Force Reinstall sets the plugin or theme as needing an update, which forces WordPress to reinstall the plugin or theme. This is only a temporary setting and will be reset when you visit the updates page or update a single plugin or theme. You don’t have to worry about any plugin or theme files being manipulated.
Give the Force Reinstall plugin a try and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your plugins and themes are intact and up to date.
The easiest way to install Force Reinstall is through the automatic installation option. To do this, simply log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click on “Add New.”
In the search field, type “Force Reinstall,” and click on “Search Plugins.” Once you find our plugin, you can view details such as the rating, description, and the current version. To install the plugin, click on “Install Now,” and let WordPress handle the file transfer for you.
- Download the plugin zip file from the source (such as the WordPress plugin repository).
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button at the top of the page.
- Choose the plugin zip file you downloaded and click “Install Now.”
- Once the installation is complete, click the “Activate Plugin” button.
- You can now access the plugin through “Force Reinstall” option in the admin menu.
What if I need to reset changes made to a plugin or theme?
You can simply use the Force Reinstall option to revert any changes made to the plugin or theme back to its original state.
Why do some plugins or themes not have the Force Reinstall option?
This is likely because the plugin or theme was not installed from WordPress.org and therefore does not have a download link available.
Will my data be affected when I use the Force Reinstall option?
No, your data will not be affected. The Force Reinstall option only replaces the plugin or theme files and does not modify any data or settings associated with the plugin or theme.
Contributors and Developers
“Force Reinstall” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor optimizations
1.1.0 – 1.1.7
- Set minimum supported version to 7.3.
- Allow opting in to usage analytics collection.
1.0.2 – 1.0.6
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Minor optimizations
- Initial Release