Download WordPress theme/plugin translations and apply them to your site manually even if their language pack haven’t been released or reviewed on translate.wordpress.org
Finally, updating theme translation files is now supported! To download the translation files for a theme:
- Activate the theme you want to get the translation files.
- Visit ‘Appearance’ > ‘Update translation’ in WordPress menu, or click ‘Update translation’ on theme details of current theme on ‘Themes’ page.
To download the translation files for a plugin:
- Visit ‘Plugins’ in WordPress menu.
- Click ‘Update translation’ under the name of the plugin for which you want to get the translation files.
Contributors and Developers
“Force Update Translations” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update locales.php and add WP.org variants support. props @pedromendonca
- Added theme translation support.
- Tested up to WP 5.5.
- Minor grammar correction. Props @casiepa
- Added plugin icon. Props @mekemoke
- Tested up to WP 5.2.2 props @pedromendonca
- Check if if user Locale isn’t ‘en_US’ props @pedromendonca
- Add Multisite support. props @pedromendonca
- Check if plugin exists in WordPress.org plugin directory. props @pedromendonca
- Make target locale switchable by user setting. Thanks for reporting @dartui
- Improve escaping. Thanks for reporting @miyauchi
- Export only Current/Waiting/Fuzzy translations. props @nao
- Capitalise plugin name.