Frontier Query enables you to query your WordPress site from search form, widget and shortcodes.
Build shortcodes using the Frontier Query Shortcode builder – It has never been easier to construct a shortcode, and you can see the result while trying diffrent options.
- Search posts
- Frontier Query Widget
- Frontier Search Widget
- Info box to be used in post and pages with shortcode (see screenshots)
- Display, Filter and Group results (Widget, Shortcode & Search) by:
- Post Type
- Publish date (Year, Month or Day)
- Customize the Infobox with several different layouts.
- Results are cached for performance
- Infobox and Widgets are context aware – Get filter values from archive pages or posts:
- [fq-search] Short-code for advanced search
- [fq-infobox] Shortcode to place in post and pages to display post break down
- [fq-shortcode-builder] a WYSIWYG wizard where you can build and view your shortcode output
- [frontier-query] this will display the results from shortcodes and widgets.
Let me know what you think, and if you have enhancement requests or problems let me know through support area
- Frontier Post – Complete frontend management of posts
- Frontier Query – Display lists and groupings of posts in post/pages and widgets.
- Frontier Buttons – Full control of tinymce toolbars and buttons buttons
- Frontier Set Featured – Set featured image aut. based on post images
- Frontier Restrict Media – Restrict media access to users own media
- Frontier Restrict Backend – Restrict access to the backend (wp-admin)
- Install Frontier Query ( instruction )
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3: Review and update Frontier Query settings (settings menu)
- Start adding Frontier Search and Frontier Query to your site.
- Check the documentation
Known Issues and limitations
- No Custom Fields
3 September 2016
It works for me - You can see it in action on: http://wpfrontier.com/frontier-query-demo-categories/
Contributors and Developers
“Frontier Query” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Frontier Query” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix for Trying to get property label of non-object in – Function fq_get_posttype_label
- Tested with WordPress version 6.2
- Tested with php 8.0
- Tested with WordPress version 5.4
- Tested with WordPress version 5.2.2 & php 7.2
- Tested with WordPress version 4.9.0
- Change title of search Widget added
- Tested with WordPress version 4.7.0
- added new CSS tags to enable layout changes of results: .frontier-query-results-actions & .frontier-query-results-fields
- Tested with WordPress version 4.5.0
- CSS changes for search widget
- Added date archives to infobox and widget shortcode
- Date archvices: Year, Month & Day
- Format month and dates in widget and shortcode builder
- CSS class changes for infobox, to allow custom expansion of styles.
- Added Date format setting for lists
- Initial version