WordPress Full Screen Search
This plugin allows you to create a full screen search overlay in WordPress.
There are no settings for this plugin. Simply activate it, and it works.
Once the plugin is activated, you can click on an existing search field or search button, and it will display the full screen search overlay.
Basically this plugin displays a full screen search overlay for your default WordPress search forms.
This plugin is created by WPBeginner as part of Syed Balkhi’s internal project.
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers
- Soliloquy – Best WordPress Slider Plugin
- Envira Gallery – Best WordPress Gallery Plugin
Visit WPBeginner to learn from our WordPress Tutorials and find out about other best WordPress plugins.
We also offer free WordPress video tutorials and numerous comprehensive guides such as how to choose the best WordPress hosting, how to install WordPress, and more.
Note for Beginners
Like all plugins available for download, Full Screen Search Overlay is only available for self-hosted WordPress sites. This means you will need to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org if you want to use this plugin on your WordPress site. For more details, see my infographic on Self hosted WordPress.org vs Free WordPress.com
Lastly, do consider following WPBeginner on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Install Full Screen Search Overlay either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin)
- Activate Full Screen Search Overlay.
- Navigate to your site and click on the search field to see it in action.
Contributors and Developers
“WordPress Full Screen Search Overlay” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Full Screen Search Overlay” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added: IDs to elements for easier CSS targeting
- Initial release.