Genesis Portfolio Pro will add a new “Portfolio” post type where you can add portfolio entries with images and galleries to show of your visual content.
The default template and styles will create a portfolio grid showing your featured images in a landscape format. These will link to a simple page where you can control the content including text, images, and even galleries.
To get started click “add new” under the new “Portfolio” menu item to add your first Portfolio entry. Simply add your images and content just like you already know how to do with posts and publish. Add a few more entries to build your portfolio archive and show off your work in an attractive grid.
Download the latest version of the Genesis Portfolio Pro plugin and upload as a new plugin within your WordPress admin or via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder and then activate the plugin.
What can I customise in the portfolio?
Custom templates are supported using the WordPress template hierarchy and the portfolio image size can be overridden by adding
add_image_size( 'portfolio', 300, 200, true );to your theme functions.php file. There are many other tricks you can use with the Genesis actions and filters to customise anything in the plugin output.
Contributors and Developers
“Genesis Portfolio Pro” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Genesis Portfolio Pro” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Genesis Portfolio Pro” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed ownership from StudioPress to OsomPress. You can read more details about it in https://osompress.com/4-new-plugins-join-osompress-family/.
- Removed use of
wp_make_content_images_responsiveportfolio widget images;
srcsetis applied via
- REST: Expose the Portfolio post type and Portfolio Type taxonomy to the REST API.
- Tooling: Generate language file with WP-CLI instead of Node.js.
- Conform to WordPress Development Standards for PHP
- New: Genesis Portfolio widget.
- New: You can now sort Portfolio archive items by menu order. Edit the menu order of each Portfolio item directly, or use a page ordering plugin.
- Enhanced: image markup on the Portfolio archive is improved with
- Added Feature items per page in portfolio archive settings
- Fix layout setting for portfolio-type term
- Bug fix for search layout.
- Initial WordPress.org release.