This plugin creates a new Genesis settings page that allows you to modify the post-info (byline), post-meta, and footer area on any Genesis theme. Using text, shortcodes, and HTML in the textboxes provided in the admin screen, these three commonly modified areas are easily editable, without having to learn PHP or write functions, filters, or mess with hooks.
- Upload the entire
genesis-simple-editsfolder to the
- DO NOT change the name of the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to
Genesis > Simple Edits
- Edit the areas you would like to change, using text, HTML, and the provided shortcode references.
- Save the changes
- What are Shortcodes?
- My PHP isn’t working
This plugin is not designed to work with PHP code.
- The plugin won’t activate
You must have Genesis (1.3+) or a Genesis child theme installed and activated on your site.
Easy to install and customize footer. Thanks.
Great plugin, thanks for taking the time to make it!
Very useful and comfortable tool.
Thank you so much for making this rockin’ plugin! We use it everywhere!
Works fine with WordPress 4.4
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Simple Edits” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix typo warning in textdomain loader
- add textdomain loader
- add plugin header i18n
- Generate POT
- Prevent fatal error when Genesis 2.1 is not active
- Genesis 2.1+ compatibility
- Increased installation requirement to Genesis 1.7.1
- Removed PHP4 constructor
- Whitespace, standards, and documentation
- Initial Release