This plugin provides a very simple slider block which is based on Swiper.
As of now, the plugin does not provide any slider configuration in the editor UI but provides many PHP filter hooks to change its behaviour.
The plugin is used in some custom themes and through it’s PHP configuration it’s perfect for a locked-in design (eg agency, clients).
Through the filters it’s also very easy to extend in your own functions.php file.
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Good Slider A carousel slider
- Slider Item A carousel slider
- PHP 7.4 or newer
- WordPress 6.0 or newer
We recommend installing the plugin extension through the WordPress Backend.
- Upload the contents of the plugin zip file to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
How can I change the swiper arguments (like slides shown etc)
As of now, there are no configuration UIs in the editor.
You can use the
good-slider/swiper-optionsfilter hook to set the swiper configuration for a specific block instance.
All the available arguments are documented in the Swiper documentation.
Can I use my own enqueued Swiper script?
Yes you can use the
good-slider/swiper-script-handlefilter hook to change the name of the swiper script handle.
Can I use more Swiper options?
By default, a stripped-down version of Swiper is enqueued, which only includes the most commonly used modules (A11y, Keyboard, Lazy, Navigation, Pagination).
You can use the
good-slider/swiper-script-handlefilter and set it to
good-slider-swiper-fullto enqueue the full Swiper bundle with all modules or you can use or own (see above).
Will there be a UI for the block in the editor?
Yes, we are working on exposing the most common configuration options (slides shown, spacing, colors,…) via the block’s settings.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Good Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Fix swiper-full bundle not working (because Swiper is not exported to window).
- Tweak/Fix: Disable left & right padding for slide-item block, because they break the slider layout
- Compatibility: Tested up to WordPress 6.3
- Add a server side render callback to the item block
- Prevent empty item/slides from rendering
InnerBlockssettings/props for slider and item block.
- The first public release of the plugin 🥳