This plugin allows you to place a widget on your sidebar that displays the official Google+ badge. You can choose to show either the Standard or Small size badge, and you can show as many different badges on a page or post as you choose – each with their own configuration.
You can also show a Google+ badge using template tags in your theme files or in a page or post using the simple shortcode (See FAQs for instructions).
NOTE: Google+ only allows this type of badge for a Google+ page and not a personal Google+ profile, so this plugin will only work for Google+ business pages.
- Upload the folder
google-plus-page-badgeand its contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or use the wordpress plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- A new “Google+ Page Badge” widget will be available under Appearance > Widgets, where you can add it to your sidebar and edit all settings of the plugin.
- To use the template tag or shortcodes, go to Settings > Google+ Page Badge to enter your Google+ Page ID (See FAQs for full instructions)
- How do I use the shortcode in the post or page editor?
While editing the post or page that you want to add your Pins to, enter the shortcode [gpluspb]. Without any other parameters, the shortcode will default to display the Google+ Page ID that has been saved in the plugin settings page and the Standard badge size. You can add two optional parameters to the shortcode: id=”Google+ Page ID” and size=”smallbadge”. Here’s an example:
[gpluspb id="100677423206997674566" size="smallbadge"]
The above example will link to the bkmacdaddy designs Google+ page and show the smaller badge size.
If you leave out any of the parameters they will revert to the defaults listed below.
- How do I use the plugin in my theme?
Anywhere in your theme templates, you can display a Google+ badge by placing the following code where you want it to appear:
<?php gppb($id, $size); ?>
- id is the 21-digit string at the end of the Google+ Page URL (optional, default is the ID that is saved in the plugin settings page)
- size is the size of the badge to display, either “badge” or “smallbadge” (optional, default = badge)
<?php gppb('100677423206997674566', 'smallbadge'); ?>
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Google+ Page Badge” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version