This plugin places a comment form similar to Facebook, only displaying a single line textarea, which submits when the user presses “enter/return” on their keyboard.
- Single line textarea
- Auto expanding textarea
- AJAX submitted comments
- AJAX loaded comments
- Admin settings for additional styling
- Install the plugin via WordPress or download and upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The Register link is not working?
Make sure that “Anyone can register” is checked in “Settings –> General”
- Where is the “url”, “email” field?
Users can add their “url” or “email” by clicking the “more” link next to the textarea.
- Doesn’t this prevent search engines from seeing comments?
At the moment it does, Google Ajax Crawling will be added in a later version.
- Does this work with Custom Post Types?
- Does this work on Pages?
- Does this support paging?
At the moment no, later versions might.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Inline Ajax Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Enhancement: Comment area now toggles from 1 line to multi-line
- Enhancement: The following
htmltags are now allowed
<a href="" title="">,
- Enhancement: Added additional styling for post authors
- Enhancement: User name links to their website
- Enhancement: You can now share direct links to comments
- Enhancement: Added setting to keep comment box open
- Comments now work on Pages (not just posts)
- Adding a setting to keep the ‘more’ section open
- Removing dynamic functions for older PHP support
- Removing dead code
- Initial version