This plugin will instantly speed up your WordPress website when the plugin is activated.
Gzip is the most popular and effective compression method currently available and generally reduces the response size by about 70%!
This function changes your .htaccess file. In some cases this might result in a 500 error. If you’re not sure whether you can run Gzip ask your hosting company.
The only way to fix this is to be able to edit the .htaccess file from outside WordPress (via FTP).
NEW – You can now check if Gzip is enabled for your website. Go to “settings” and select the “Instant Gzip Compression” tab.
Upload the .zip file with a FTP program in the folder wp-content/plugins or upload via Worpress backend.
- How can I remove the Gzip compression?
In the WordPress root of your website open the .htaccess file and remove the compression rules.
- The plugin is not working on my website how come?
- Check if it’s enabled.
- Not all servers support Gzip, check whether yours supports it.
- Check if you run the latest version of WordPress
Contributors and Developers
“Instant Gzip Compression” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a new feature which alows you to check whether gzip is really enabled on your website.